Ronald T. Ogomori, Esq.
- Development, Design, and Construction Law
- Procurement and Government Contracts
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Trust and Estate Litigation
Mr. Ogomori has been a partner at the law firm of Kobayashi, Sugita & Goda since 2002. Mr. Ogomori's practice has focused upon construction and commercial litigation. Mr. Ogomori has substantial trial and appellate experience having worked at the Honolulu Office of the Public Defender as a Deputy Public Defender and at another law firm that specialized in personal injury/insurance defense.
Mr. Ogomori has represented owners, developers, contractors, and architects in a variety of complex litigation cases relating to the design, manufacturing and construction of equipment and facilities for a wide variety of construction projects. A listing of matters that reflect Mr. Ogomori's experience in this area includes:
Public Works/Wastewater Projects.
Mr. Ogomori has represented municipalities, contractors and other similar participants in disputes and litigation involving the design and construction of public works including transportation projects, wastewater disinfection facilities, schools and other government facilities. Mr. Ogomori's experience in this area also includes representing clients in connection with bid protests regarding the award of public works contracts, administrative claims for additional compensation, and trial.
Commercial and Residential Projects.
Mr. Ogomori has assisted clients in numerous disputes relating to the construction and development of commercial and residential projects. Mr. Ogomori's experience in this arena includes representing owners, developers and contractors in disputes and litigation involving the construction and development of commercial buildings, residential subdivisions, single-family homes, condominiums and related improvements, utilities and infrastructure.
Mr. Ogomori's experience in handling these complex construction disputes includes the preparation of construction documents, presentation of claims for additional compensation, negotiation of change orders, as well as mediation and trial proceedings. Recently, Mr. Ogomori served as lead trial counsel on a substantial construction case and obtained a very favorable verdict in favor of his client.
Mr. Ogomori's experience extends to federal and state construction contracts, AIA construction contracts, delay and impact claims, differing site condition claims, mechanic's lien claims, bonding and other surety related issues.
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Juris Doctorate
- University of Hawaii, Mānoa, Hawaii
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Accounting
- Hawaii, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
Current Employment Position
- City & County of Honolulu’s Zoning Board of Appeals, Chair and Vice-Chair
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum Committee on the Construction Industry
- ABA Section of Litigation
Classes & Seminars
- “The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts: Understanding the Issues,” Ogomori, Yoshimoto, Holma, and Harris, Lorman Education Services, 2009
- “Public Contracts and Procurement Regulations in Hawaii,” Ogomori, Yoshimoto, and Bushnell; Lorman Education Services, 2008-2009
- “How Design Documents Can Prevent or Cause Construction Claims in Hawaii,” Ogomori, Yoshimoto, and Morgan; Lorman Education Services, 2006